Thursday, August 25, 2011

What a year. . . .

Been off blogging for a year now. I guess you could say I was one of those people who thought it would be cool but never realized the amount of time and energy it takes to legitimately manage a blog. Of course I never expected to be as legit as Lara and her infamous Farmers Wife Tells All; but I thought I'd be able to at least contribute to the exponentially growing world of blogs on a weekly basis. So then what has me reminiscing of something I did a couple of times a year ago? Perhaps it's the fact that I have had an increible twelve months since then, or maybe it's boredom and nothing better to do, no; actually, I have a desire to write again because as of late I have been getting in touch with my mind more than I have in a long time and as I learn I have an overwhelming sense to organize in text all that is running through this insane brain of mine.

Here we go, today I woke up at 6:00am and read about the world of stocks, went to work and strategized how to survive an impending attack from to other players on a role playing game called Valor during my lunch. Next, I read a little bit of Ruth and Judges for my Bible as Lit class, followed by figuring out a way to teach new employees the intricacy of each position at work. At 3:30 when I was off I stayed late to launch social media for young life college and add it to many of the other social media accounts I support. I have been reading The Career Architect which classifies 95+ competencies in the work place, studying Proverbs for college small groups and speaking from John periodically at youth service. Let me make clear I say all of this not to gloat or show my intellectual prowess (seriously there isn't really any prowess there); in fact I say this because I feel so engaged mentally and while this year was an incredible year of healing and becoming, I am grateful to God for this period of learning, knowledge and discovery.

Proverb 2:9-15

9 Then you will understand righteousness and justice
   and equity, every good path;
10for wisdom will come into your heart,
   and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul;
11 discretion will watch over you,
   understanding will guard you,
12delivering you from the way of evil,
   from men of perverted speech,
13who forsake the paths of uprightness
   to walk in the ways of darkness,
14who rejoice in doing evil
   and delight in the perverseness of evil,
15men whose paths are crooked,
    and who are devious in their ways.

These verses have been on my heart lately and it is my prayer that the Lord would make this a reality in my life. I urge you brothers and sisters to cry out for Wisdom like Solomon recommnends in Proverbs 2. Then these verses just may become a reality for you. You will begin to see some of the distractions there are in life and set them aside for things that fulfill.

Go ahead, I dare you. . . Light the Dark

No comments:

Post a Comment